How To Make a Complaint

Our services are continually growing as we respond to the individual needs of our care recipients. This is why we need your feedback about how we are attending to your needs. For us to give you the best experience and the highest quality service we need you to tell us what we are doing right and what we can do better. Our commitment is to provide you with the supports and services that you need, but if we don’t know where we might fall short, how can we keep that commitment to you?

We welcome any feedback that can help us improve the service we provide to you.

  • Tell us if you are not happy with the support or services that you have received.
  • Please let us know what we can do to improve your experience with us.
  • We can arrange for interpreters, different communication aids, online, mobile, or other technology assisted ways, anything that will help you inform us.


    Different paths you can take if you are unhappy with our service and wish to make a complaint are:

    1. Tell your Support Coordinator what the problem is so they can address it with Aged Care & Medical.
    2. Ask to speak Aged Care & Medical. We value your feedback and always have time to listen to your concerns.
    3. You are welcome to have someone with you, when you make a complaint, if that will help you explain what the problem is.  You can bring a support person, a family member or an advocate, we don’t mind.  We want to make it easier for you to explain how we can improve what we do.
    4. You can also contact the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission: on 1800 951 822 or


      We will give you the time to explain what the problem is and listen to your suggestions about how we can address your concerns.
      Sometimes it might take longer than one discussion to resolve an issue. That is why will help you fill out a Complaint Form so that you can make sure we understand and can ensure we address the specifics of your concerns. 
      With your written complaint to guide us, we can work with you to navigate all the issues, investigate your concerns completely and work out a fair and reasonable solution to the problem.
      After completing the written complaint, the process will involve;

      • giving you a letter confirming that we received your written complaint;
      • keeping you informed of the progress we make to resolve your complaint; including any action taken, the reasons for any decisions made and the options available to you if you wish to review any of the decisions,
      • keeping you involved in the resolution of the complaint, and
      • letting you know in writing of the result of this process, making sure to explain any decisions made about your complaint.

      If we are not able to resolve your complaint within twenty-one (21) working days, we will let you know how long we believe the process will take and continue to keep you informed as we work to resolve your complaint.


      If you feel that your complaint has not been resolved in a way that you had expected, then you can make a complaint to the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission. 

      Any Care recipient is able to make a complaint to the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission about any issue connected with the support or services provided by Aged Care & Medical or any Aged Care Service Provider.  The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission is independent and is there only to protect the interests of people who use the support and services of any Aged Care Service Provider.

      Complaints can be made verbally, in writing, or by any other appropriate means, and can be made anonymously. A complaint can also be withdrawn at any time.

      If a person makes a complaint, the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission will decide upon the appropriate action to take. The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission may decide to;

      • Take no action, or defer taking action in some cases (for example, if the complaint was not made in good faith or there is not enough information to continue); or
      • Help the complainant and other affected people to work with the Aged Care provider to resolve the complaint; or
      • Undertake a resolution process.